Modified Bitumen Roofing in Houston
Widely used by many roofing contractors, modified bitumen roofing is an asphalt-based combination designed for low slope, or flat roof structures on commercial properties in Houston. Certified Texas Roofing & Leak Repair roofers assemble layers of built up roofing that provides superior strength and durability.
What is a Modified Bitumen Roofing System?
The modified bituminous membrane roofing material is made up of an advanced technology hybrid mixture of asphalt that is reinforced and modified for superior strength with select modifiers and stabilizers made from fiberglass, polyester or composite mixtures and then assembled in a heat application process and perfectly sealed. Skilled Texas Roofing & Leak Repair roofers customized application methods to your Houston location that include torch on roofing techniques or the cold application of adhesives and the installation of durable self-adhesive membranes according to the structural requirements of your property.
Customized Roofing Installation
A high performance mixture that allows for streamlined installation, early methods of bituminous roofing was developed in Europe in the 1960s and then carefully refined through the years based on two categories of additives that include:
APP (Atactic Polypropylene) – This torch on roofing application for low sloped roofing systems in Houston results in plasticized yet flexible high performance roof membrane installations that are highly resistant to impact, cracking and damage from oxidation. Heat welded for a flawless seal, this bituminous roofing technique provides exceptional weather resistance to extreme temperatures.
SBS (Styrene-Butadiene-Styrene) – Applied using either cold adhesives or hot asphalt, this category of installation results in a rubber-like membrane that is reinforced with a base of several layers of mid ply and cap sheets that provide extra UV ray protection for flat roof systems on any sized commercial location.
Reliable Roofing Solutions
Although modified bitumen roofing systems are distinguished from a basic built-up roofing installation, licensed Texas Roofing & Leak Repair roofing specialists recommend the application of a protective underlayment or base sheet and offer skill and expertise for a range of insulation and drainage options that can be tailored to your roofing installation in Houston.
Modified bitumen membrane roofing should be installed by an experienced roofing professional. Texas Roofing & Leak Repair’s licensed and insured roofing installation crew provides a qualified roof inspection at your location in Houston to evaluate your existing system and help you choose the most suitable and efficient roofing solutions.
Benefits of Modified Bitumen Roofing Include:
- High-performance roofing system with a proven track record.
- Fire-resistant and meets building code and insurance regulations.
- Factory-made product that includes a reliable manufacturer warranty.
- Highly flexible roofing material that is extremely resistant to cracking or damage caused by expansion and contraction.
- Suitable for a range of climate and environmental conditions.
- Exceptional waterproofing that adjusts to fluctuating temperatures in Houston.
- Manufactured in sheets or rolls for easy installation.
- Highly UV-resistant and ensures long-lasting performance.
- Easy to repair and maintain.
For more information about modified bitumen roofing systems or any flat roof application, contact a knowledgeable Texas Roofing & Leak Repair representative for a free consultation.
Why Choose Texas Roofing & Leak Repair?
- Licensed and Insured Roofing Experts
- Organized and Efficient Work Crews
- Reliable Manufacturer warranty
- Certified Roof Inspection
- Free Roofing Estimate
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee